Monday 16 April 2012

A one track mind...

I have a one track mind.  Actually, most would argue that it's NOT about running (ha, ha) but actually, when it comes to exercise, I tend to have a one track mind....it's running or nothing at all!  I know, I know...it's better to mix it up.  But I'm guilty of running and doing nothing else.  Over the past few weeks, I'm making a concentrated effort to mix it up.  Right now, it still feels a bit forced, but I know I need to mix it up.
My resolution for this spring / summer is to bike more!  I'd really love biking and the area where I live really is pretty idea for biking.  We also bought a trailer for our little one and I'm a bit embarassed to say we didn't end up using as much as we had hoped last summer.  Not only this, but we also have a spin bike - no excuses!  I just need to DO IT!

I'm also terrible at incorporating strength training into my regime so I'm trying to do a couple of dvds twice a week (love the Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner ones!).  I've always struggled with doing strength training on my own--but I have all the equipment (hand weights, kettlebell, etc...) so again, NO EXCUSES!  I just need to do it.

I heard about a couple of "fun" apps-- One Hundred Push-Ups and Two Hundred Sit-Ups.  Has anyone tried these "challenges"?  Check them out!  I'm not sure if I buy that I'll ever be able to do either by the end of the program but hey--thought they were both fun challenges to take on and if along the way, I gain some strength, why not?!

As much as I feel like I'm struggling to incorporate these habits into my routine, I know I need to focus on what I HAVE managed to incorporate in my life as habit so far and know that it's possible.  I NEED to run 3 or 4 times a week or I feel "off".  How cool is that?!  So far, so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment